What is Open edX?
Open edX is an online learning platform that creates one of the best visual learning and engaging experiences for the online users. Being the non-profitable and open-source online software, it differentiates itself from the other online learning platforms like Coursera and Udacity. In light of MOOC, it is one of the most highly used platforms for developing the best of video experience and interactivity across the globe.
A glimpse of how Open edX had been evolved and has turned into a global success:
- edX founded by MIT and Harvad
- Teaches first edx course on the circuit, drawing 155,000 student from 162 countries
- Partners with Stanford, Google, Xuetang etc.
- Many recognized universities like Edraak, France Univeristy etc. have embraced Open edX and developed the avant-garde MOOC courses
Present & Future
- Around 4-5 million users on edx.org educational portal
- Continuous enhancement and innovation by the members of the Open edX community
With the help of DRC Systems institutions can host their own instances of Open edX, offer their own classes and educators can extend the platform to build learning tools that precisely meet their needs.