Joomla Customization India
- What is Joomla! ?
Joomla! is an award-winning Content Management System (CMS) that will help you build websites and other powerful online applications. Best of all, Joomla! is an open source solution that is freely available to everybody.
The name Joomla is a phonetic spelling for the Swahili word "Jumla", which means "all together" or "as a whole".
Joomla! provides an easy-to-use graphical user interface that simplifies the management and publishing of large volumes of content including HTML, documents, and rich media. Joomla! is used by organisations of all sizes for Public Web sites, Intranets, and Extranets and is supported by a community of thousands of users.
- Joomla! in Action
Joomla! is used all over the world to power everything from simple, personal homepages to complex corporate web applications. Here are just some of the ways people use our software:
- Corporate websites or portals
- Online commerce
- Small business websites
- Non-profit and organizational websites
- Government applications
- Corporate intranets and extranets
- School and church websites
- Personal or family homepages
- Community-based portals
- Magazines and newspapers
- the possibilities are limitless…
- Joomla! Core Features
- RHUK Milkyway (Default)
- Archived Content
- Banners & Feed
- Custom HTML
- Most Read & Latest News
- News Flash
- Random Image
- Related Items
- Who's Online
- Authentication (Joomla!, LDAP, OpenID, GMail)
- Code Highlighter (GeSHi)
- Email Cloaking
- Editors (TinyMCE 2.1 & Xstandard Lite for Joomla!)
- Editors-XTD (Image, Page Break, Readmore)
- Search (Categories, Newsfeeds, Sections, Contacts, Content, Weblinks)
- XML-RPC (Blogger API, Joomla! API)
- Joomla! features:
- Completely database driven site engines
- News, products or services sections fully editable and manageable
- Topics sections can be added to by contributing authors
- Fully customisable layouts including left, center and right menu boxes
- Browser upload of images to your own library for use anywhere in the site
- Dynamic Forum/Poll/Voting booth for on-the-spot results
- Runs on Linux, FreeBSD, MacOSX server, Solaris and AIX
- Managing 3rd party components and modules.
- Making search engine friendly (SEF) URL's
- Why use Joomla for web design?
The fact is that Joomla is one of the easiest ways to quickly design and create your own website. You can easily create a wonderful looking website with loads of functionality.
You can also log into the administrator section, where you would go to add new content (in other words, text, pictures, file downloads etc) to your site. Select the administrator option and use the username and password provided on the site to play around with the back end of the site.
Joomla comes with a lot of built-in functionality but there are also thousands of free components and modules that you can add on to expand the functionality. There are lots of forums that offer free support and guidance.